If you need emergency care, get care. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
Emergencies don’t wait. And you shouldn’t wait to seek care if an emergency strikes you or your family. Delaying care in an emergency can lead to worse outcomes and potentially serious complications later.
We are open and ready to safely care for you in an environment specifically designed to keep you safe.
Why Choose Us?
- Our 30-Minute Pledge means we will work diligently to have you initially seen by a medical professional within 30 minutes of your arrival.
- Specialists in General Surgery, Obstetrics, and Pediatrics.
Here are a few ways we have changed operations to protect the health of all patients:
- Staff and patients wear masks at all times.
- Clinical grade disinfection takes place after every patient.
- Staff members are screened at the beginning and end of every shift.
- Everyone seeking emergency care is screened upon arrival to help ensure the appropriate site of care, masking and isolating those who require it.
- We offer separate areas for general ER patients and for those suspected of having COVID-19. Patients needing general care are NOT placed in the same area as those who are suspected of having the virus.
- Patients who are suspected of having COVID-19 but DO NOT require emergency care will be redirected to their vehicles and will be seen by a provider via a Telehealth appointment.
- Our “clinic” entrance is closed. We asked that all patients enter the hospital through the main entrance to be met by a screener, and all non-patient visitors remain outside. Non-patient entrants are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Precautionary signs have been placed around the ER.
- If a patient is suspected of COVID-19, they are provided with proper PPE.
- Patients coming in by ambulance are evaluated outside the ER, where the appropriate site of care is determined. If isolation is needed, those patients do not cross into general care areas.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911. If you need to go the emergency room, we’re ready for you 24/7.
Related Services and Conditions
In a medical emergency, every minute matters. That’s why we work diligently to have you initially seen by a medical…
ER 30 Minute Pledge
In a medical emergency, every minute matters. That’s why, at Big Bend Regional Medical Center, we work diligently…
Health care starts with you. If you’re experiencing symptoms, it’s up to you to pay attention and decide how to respond…
A trip to the ER can often be stressful or scary- but it doesn’t have to be. A few minor preparations can help your visit go…
In the movies, signs of a heart attack seem straightforward and dramatic. In real life, heart attack symptoms can happen…
According to the National Stroke Association, a stroke is the leading cause of death in the U.S., and the leading…
When to go to the ER
Minor illnesses can often wait, but some symptoms always demand immediate medical attention. These can include…